Best Use of a Royal Mix at Cake Expo 2022
Established and Sponsored by More Than Cake Corp.
Must use More Than Cake Corp. product, A Royal Mix, in the piece.
By entering you are allowing More Than Cake Corp to use your piece in advertising their product, A Royal Mix, with acknowledgement of designer.
- Open for all skill levels.
- Must indicate use of A Royal Mix in the description of the piece.
Best Use of A Royal Mix Wedding Cake Competition Beginner/Intermediate
- Best Use of A Royal Mix Wedding Cake Competition Advanced/Professional
- Best Use of A Royal Mix Cookie Competition
Judging will be done separately from the other competitions and will be based on a point system. Up to 10 points will be awarded in these eight (8) criteria for a maximum score of 80 points. The decisions of the judges shall be final.
- Must use A Royal Mix Royal Icing Pre-Mix and listed in the description (10 pts)
- Skill and precision of Techniques (10 pts)
- Number and Difficulty of Techniques (10 pts)
- Originality and Creativity (10 pts)
- Neatness and Cleanliness of icing (10 pts)
- Use of Color (10 pts)
- Incorporation of the icing into the overall design (10 pts)
- Overall Eye Appeal/Judge’s Discretion (10 pts)
1st place for each of the following categories:
- Best Use of A Royal Mix Wedding Cake Competition Beginner/Intermediate will receive a cash prize of $100.00
- Best Use of A Royal Mix Wedding Cake Competition Advanced/Professional will receive a cash prize of $100.00
- Best Use of A Royal Mix Cookie Competition will receive a cash prize of $100.00
- All entrants must sign a Registration Form Cake Expo and Entry Form for Best Use of A Royal Mix Competition.
- Registration can be completed online at cakeexpo.org.
- All entries must be the sole work of the competitor.
- CAKE EXPO 2022 does not encourage, support, or approve the use of copyrighted images in displays.
- Entries cannot have been completed in a class or as part of a class project or assignment.
- Entries must be of a tasteful nature. Entries of a vulgar or sexual nature will be disqualified.
- You may enter the same Category repeatedly (i.e., competing against yourself), but not more than five (5) entries from one competitor.
- All entrants must check in at the Sugar Art Gallery Check in before being allowed to display their piece in the appropriate area.
- There is a separate description form (for the judges) for this competition (Entry form. Part two). The form must be completed in legible handwriting, preferably in printed letters, without corrections and strikethroughs, to prevent misunderstandings. Do not add any personal information (such as name, business or initials) to the form. Each entry will be assigned a number at check-in. Use only this number on your form. Entries with personal information on description forms will not be scored.
- All sizes and displays must comply with main Competition rules. Entries may be put under plexiglass or other such cover, but judges must be able to view the entries without interference. The covering must be able to be easily removed by the judges.
- All entries must be original work for this show. For the purposes of this show, original means the entry may not have been entered in any other contest or competition, including online; and photos of the entry may not have been previously posted online, including social media sites. Additionally, no personal or business identifying marks, advertisements, will be allowed to be displayed along with or on the entry, or in the entry description.
- Check-in and set-up will take place on Thursday, July 28, 2022, from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Late entries will not be placed on tables for judging.
- Judging will begin promptly at 8:00 AM on Friday, July 29, 2022. Entries will be judged by Jacqueline Curtis, Creator of A Royal Mix and Founder – President of More Than Cake Corp, and Chrissie Boon, International Instructor, Experienced Sugar Art Judge, and Owner of Icing Inspirations Canada.
- Winners will be announced at the beginning of the Cake Expo Challenge and Competition Awards on Sunday, July 31, 2022, at 12:00 Noon.
- Entries are not permitted to leave the competition display area until 1:00 PM on Sunday, July 31, 2022.
- Entries must be removed from the display area between 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM on Sunday, July 31, 2022. Any displays remaining after 2:00 PM will be disposed of.
- All entries can be photographed and shared on websites and social media by judges and organizers after the show. You permit us to share pictures, by completing the entry form.
- Any entry that does not follow the rules may be displayed but will not be judged.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- By entering you are allowing More Than Cake Corp to use your piece in advertising their product, A Royal Mix, with acknowledgement of designer.