July 28-31, 2022
Grand Sierra Resort, Reno, NV
Entry Deadline: June 1, 2022
This competition is now CLOSED!
Please read these rules carefully, as non-compliance could result in disqualification.
- Entry Fee: $25 per entry (non-refundable)—only 25 total entries will be accepted.
- Anyone, of any skill level, is invited to enter.
- All entry forms must be submitted online. Registration closes June 1, 2022 (or sooner if maximum number of entries is reached. Must register in time to have the cookie cutter shipped to the contestant). After registration closes, each entrant will be contacted by our Sugar Art Gallery/Challenges & Competitions Committee for additional information including project name, description, inspiration, products used, techniques, etc. which will be sent via email to email@example.com.
- Entrants will all be sent the same Cookie Cutter to use for the competition.
- Entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Each Entry must consist of a minimum of 6 individual cookies and maximum of 12 individual cookies.
- Entries must reflect the theme “Around The World”.
- Any sugar medium is accepted for use as decoration.
- Any technique or combination of techniques may be used.
- All entries must be the sole work of the competitor.
- CAKE EXPO 2022 does not encourage, support, or approve the use of copyrighted images in displays.
- All entries must be original work for this show. For the purposes of this show, original means the entry may not have been entered in any other contest or competition, including online; and photos of the entry may not have been previously posted online, including social media sites.
- Entries may not contain any personal or business identifying marks or advertisements, nor can these be displayed along with the entry, or in the entry description. Entries cannot have been completed in a class or as part of a class project or assignment.
- Entries must be of a tasteful nature. Entries of a vulgar or sexual nature will be disqualified.
- Entries must be checked in and professionally photographed on Thursday, July 28th from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. By participating in this competition, you agree that photos/videos of you and/or your submission may be used by ICES and CAKE EXPO 2022 in promotional materials.
- All entries will be showcased in the Sugar Art Gallery and must adhere to the Sugar Art Gallery Rules and Guidelines (No more than a 30” x 30” display area and no taller than 42”).
- ICES and/or Cake Expo will not provide any type of stand or display for your piece. You should provide your own stand/display for exhibiting in the Sugar Art Gallery.
- Each eligible entry (set) will receive one chance for the Sugar Art Entrant Drawing. Drawings will be held at the Saturday Night ICES Awards and Presentations.
- Prizes will be awarded for First, Second, and Third places. Awards will be announced at the Cake Expo Awards Presentation on Sunday evening.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Entries may be removed from the Sugar Art Gallery on Sunday, July 31st, between 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm. Entries remaining after 2:00 pm will be disposed
- While precautions are taken to avoid mishaps, CAKE EXPO 2022 is not responsible for any damages that may occur to entries. “Do not touch” signs will be posted.
Each Entry must consist of a minimum of 6 individual cookies and a maximum of 12 individual cookies.
- Interpretation of theme
- Number and difficulty of techniques used (Techniques include, but are not limited to: Outlining/flooding, dipping, dimensional pressure piping, wet-on-wet/marbling, stenciling, airbrushing, painting, stamping, fondant work, edible paper work, isomalt, etc.)
- Mastery of techniques used
- Cleanliness of icing/covering of cookies
- Originality of cookie designs (ICES and Cake Expo 2022 does not encourage, support, or approve the use of copyrighted images in displays)
- Setup/Display (Edible plates, platters, or other display pieces will be awarded more points)
- Overall appeal
A total of 10 points for each criteria may be earned for a total of 70 points from the judging panel. Judging will start on Friday, July 29, 2022, at 8:00 am. All entries will be provided the judging sheets for feedback.