EXHIBITOR CONTRACT PROVISIONS, RULES AND REGULATIONS
BOOTH INCLUSIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
- Each full booth includes one 10′ x 10′ space with draped backdrop, side rails, one 8′ x 30″ skirted table, two chairs, one wastebasket, one sign and two Exhibitor badges. Two additional badges per booth may be purchased for $25 each. All other furnishings, equipment, electricity and Wi-Fi will be the responsibility of the Exhibitor.
- Use of exhibit space will be restricted to products and services that closely align with the interest of Cake Expo and the International Cake Exploration Societé, its members and attendees. The prevailing theme of exhibit space at CAKE EXPO must be associated with baking, cake decorating and the sugar art industry.
- All exhibits, demonstrations and other activities by a Exhibitor shall be confined to their booth(s) or other designated demonstration area, unless approved by the Show Directors. No Exhibitor shall assign, sublet or share any part of the allotted booth space. Any activity, exhibit or portion thereof which, in the judgment of the Show Directors, is unethical, in bad taste, annoying or otherwise offensive to attendees, Exhibitors, Cake Expo or the industry is prohibited.
- No alcoholic beverages or unlawful substances will be allowed in the booths or exhibit area at any time.
- If providing samples of edible items, the Exhibitor must apply for permission from the Hotel through the Show, if required.
- The Expo Coordinator and Board of Directors reserve the right to shift space assignments after the contract has been signed, if necessary.
- All exhibit set-up and breakdown must be completed within the hours shown in the Exhibitor Schedule section of this contract.
- The Exhibitor will abide by all provisions and rules of this contract, all governmental regulations and all rules and requirements of associated venues and service providers.
- A stage will be available for Exhibitors to demonstrate product in 30-minute intervals for Saturday and Sunday. Sign up will be available at time of booth purchase.
ADMISSIONS and REGISTRATION
- Your contract shows the number of Exhibitor badges you are eligible for based on the number of booths you have purchased.
- Exhibitors may purchase Demonstration & HOC Class tickets at the general admission rate.
- For security purposes, we strongly encourage each Exhibitor to provide each person working in your booth a visible means of identification related to your company/brand (ex: company logo t-shirt or apron).
- Exhibitors may purchase tickets for The Saturday Buffet Dinner during the registration process.
- Exhibitors and their representatives must wear their show issued badge at all times while on the Exhibitor floor. The badges are issued for your protection and identification. They must NOT be loaned or given to any other person(s). Violators will be barred from the premises. All persons entering the Exhibitor area will be required to comply with the rules and regulations of Cake Expo.
- Attendees will not be allowed to enter the Exhibitor area during the final 15 minutes prior to closing each day. Exhibitors are expected to finalize all transactions in a timely manner to allow security personnel to clear the room.
PAYMENT and CANCELLATION POLICY
- The payment plan is available for booth purchases.
- Payment for all contracted items agreed to by the Exhibitor may be made in full at the time of signing the contract or by selecting the payment plan option. If the payment plan is selected, the following procedure will be followed:
- 25% of the total amount due for all items will be required at the time of signing the contract.
- Monthly payments will be processed on the 1st of each month with the credit card information on file.
- Monthly payments will be calculated by dividing the balance due by the number of months remaining up to the end June 1, 2021.
- All accounts must be paid in full by June 1, 2021.
- All service charges and fees incurred by the Cake Expo as a result of returned checks, cancelled credit cards or any other reason beyond normal credit card processing fees must be paid by the contracting Exhibitor/exhibitor to Cake Expo within 15 calendar days of being notified of the imposed fee.
- Cancellation of any portion of the contracted items will result in forfeiture of all funds paid. The cancelling Exhibitor will relinquish all rights to the cancelled items. Refunds will not be given.
- Cake Expo, ICES, the Expo Coordinator and the Board of Directors, the cooperating local association(s) and their officers, directors, committees, agents and employees will not be liable for failure to hold the Show as scheduled. Payments for booth space will be returned in that event, except that any actual expense incurred in connection with the Show will be deducted if the Show is cancelled after the time specified for payment of the balance of the cost of assigned space, due to any event, law or regulation which makes it impossible or impracticable to hold the Show..
HANDLING AND STORAGE
The Hotel will not accept or store exhibit materials or empty crates. For a predetermined charge our current event provider will accept and store non-perishable items. Our current event provider will transfer those items to the hotel for you. Upon receipt of your contract, your name will be passed on to our current event provider and in turn they will contact you with prices and information.
For the purpose of this contract and provisions, the term “ICES Parties” shall refer to Cake Expo, ICES, it’s officers, directors and representatives, the cooperating venues, hotels, local associations and their officers, directors and representatives. The Exhibitor agrees that the ICES Parties:
- Will not be held responsible for any damage to or the loss or destruction of Exhibitor’s property, or injuries to the Exhibitor, their representatives, agents, or employees; all claims for such loss, damage, destruction or injury, being expressly waived by the Exhibitor.
- Will be indemnified and held harmless by the Exhibitor for any claims for injury to any of Exhibitor’s representatives, agents, or employees and for any claims by other persons for injury, loss or damage caused in whole or in part by the Exhibitor or its representatives or employees. Each Exhibitor should carry an insurance rider policy to cover exhibits and samples against destruction, loss and/or damages. Third party and liability coverage should be discussed with your insurance broker.
- The Exhibitor affirms to the ICES Parties that no materials used in connection with the Exhibitor’s exhibit violate the intellectual property rights, whether in patent, trademark, copyright or otherwise (“IP Rights”) of any other party. Exhibitor releases the ICES Parties from any and all claims for injury, loss or damages caused by or relating to any claims that any other party has violated Exhibitor’s IP Rights. Exhibitor releases the ICES Parties from any and all obligations for or liability relating to policing or determining whether any materials used by any Exhibitor violate any of Exhibitor’s IP Rights. Exhibitor releases the ICES Parties from any and all obligations for and liability relating to failing to take any action to prevent the infringement or violation of any of Exhibitor’s IP Rights and releases the ICES Parties from any and all claims of contributory infringement as to any of Exhibitor’s IP Rights. Exhibitor further agrees that although the ICES Parties shall not have any obligation for or liability relating to determining if any infringement or violation of any party’s IP Rights has occurred, or any obligation for or liability relating to failing to prevent or protect any party from damages for infringement or violation of such party’s IP Rights, Exhibitor releases the ICES Parties from any and all actions it may take relating to excluding Exhibitor from exhibiting at or participating at the Show in connection with any claim(s) that Exhibitor’s materials violate the IP Rights of any party.
- Any and all sales tax required to be collected by any local, state and/or federal government agency will be the sole responsibility of each Exhibitor. Sales Tax permits must be submitted along with the applicable tax payment to the government entity by each individual ICES Exhibitor. Exhibitors will not be required to provide sales records to ICES Management as a condition of this contract. Any Exhibitor who does not comply with local, state or federal tax laws will be considered to be in violation of ICES policy and will not be allowed to participate in future shows until proof of compliance is provided to ICES.
Security will be provided in the vendor area as shown in the vendor schedule portion of this contract. We strongly recommend that each vendor schedule an employee to be present at the booth during all set-up, booth prep and sales hours.
(Optional, must be requested
Move-In & Setup
Move-In & Setup
12PM – 5:00PM
8AM – 4:00PM
6PM – 9PM
8AM – 9AM
9AM – 5PM
9AM – 10AM
10AM – 4PM
4PM – 6PM
- Attendees will not be allowed to enter the vendor area during the final 15 minutes prior to closing each day
- Loading dock access will be available only on Thursday-Friday
- Early breakdown will result in loss of seniority for all purposes
- Security coverage will be 24 hrs/day Thursday 12PM – Sunday 4PM