ART ON THE RUNWAY
This competition is open to anyone interested in cake decorating or sugar art
A Ways & Means Project of the International Cake Exploration Societè
Friday, July 31, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Cake Expo 2020
Grand Sierra Resort, Reno, NV
Guidelines and Application
- Entry Deadline: July 29, 2020
- Only 25 entries will be accepted
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please read these rules carefully, as non-compliance could result in disqualification.
- Entry Fee: $25 per entry (non-refundable)—only 25 total entries will be accepted.
- Anyone, of any skill level, is invited to enter.
- All entries must be submitted online. Registration closes July 29 (or sooner if maximum number of entries is reached.)
- Entries (“ART”) must adhere to the following guidelines
- All “Art” must be 11 inches by 14 inches finished size.
- Must be able to be displayed upright (either Vertically or Horizontally) on easels provided by CAKE EXPO 2020. Click here to see picture and dimensions of the easel.
- Must be at least 75% edible, the exception being the structure that is used for construction. More points will be awarded for a higher percentage of edible materials.
- All embellishments must be edible.
- Any sugar medium is accepted for use as decoration.
- Any technique or combination of techniques may be used.
- All entries must be the sole work of the competitor.
- CAKE EXPO 2020 does not encourage, support or approve the use of copyrighted images in displays.
- All entries must be original work for this show. For the purposes of this show, original means the entry may not have been entered in any other contest or competition, including online; and photos of the entry may not have been previously posted online, including social media sites.
- Entries may not contain any personal or business identifying marks or advertisements, nor can these be displayed along with the entry, or in the entry description. Entries cannot have been completed in a class or as part of a class project or assignment.
- Entries must be of a tasteful nature, entries of a vulgar or sexual nature will be disqualified.
- Models are requested to wear “all black” to enhance the visual experience.
- Entries must be checked in and professionally photographed on Friday, July 31st from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm. By participating in this competition, you agree that photos/videos of you and/or your submission may be used by ICES and CAKE EXPO 2020 in promotional materials.
- You/or your designated model will present your “Art” by carrying it down a runway in the Art on the Runway Show to be held on Friday, July 31, 2020 at 4:30 pm.
- All entries will be showcased in the Sugar Art Gallery, after the Runway Show.
- Tickets for the Art on the Runway Show will be available at $10 each for Cake Expo 2020 Registered Attendees, $20 each for Non-Registered Attendees.
- Prize baskets will be awarded for First, Second, and Third places. Awards will be announced at the Banquet on Saturday evening.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Entries may be removed from the Sugar Art Gallery on Sunday, August 2nd, between 5:30 pm – 7 pm. Entries remaining after 7 pm will be disposed
- While precautions are taken to avoid mishaps, CAKE EXPO 2020 is not responsible for any damages that may occur to entries. “Do not touch” signs will be posted.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Interpretation of theme
- Quality and workmanship
- Overall Appearance
- Display-ability and sturdiness during Runway Show.
A total of 10 points for each criterion may be earned for a total of 60 points from the judging panel.
Judges will have a preliminary look at the entries in the preshow hold area to ensure they view the entry from all sides before it is modeled. Judging will also take place during the Runway Show.
By making registration payment, you agree to the above rules and regulations.
You will be asked to provide additional information about your submission closer to Cake Expo 2020.