Sugar Art Competition & Runway Show
A Ways & Means Project of the International Cake Exploration Societè
Friday, July 23, 2021 at 4:30PM
Omni Fort Worth Hotel, Fort Worth, TX
Friday, July 23, 2021 at 4:30PM
Please read these rules carefully, as non-compliance could result in disqualification.
- Entry Fee: $25 per entry (non-refundable)—only 25 total entries will be accepted.Anyone, of any skill level, is invited to enter.
- Anyone, of any skill level, is invited to enter.Entries (“ART”) must adhere to the following guidelines
- All entries must be submitted online. Registration closes July 21, 2021 (or sooner if maximum number of entries is reached.)
- Entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All entries must have a Panther represented in them.
- Entries must be worn or used as an accessory for the “model” walking the catwalk.
- Must be at least 75% edible, the exception being the structure that is used for construction. More points will be awarded for a higher percentage of edible materials.All embellishments must be edible.
- All embellishments must be edible.Any technique or combination of techniques may be used.
- Any sugar medium is accepted for use as decoration.
- Any technique or combination of techniques may be used.
- All entries must be the sole work of the competitor.
- CAKE EXPO 2021 does not encourage, support or approve the use of copyrighted images in displays.
- All entries must be original work for this show. For the purposes of this show, original means the entry may not have been entered in any other contest or competition, including online; and photos of the entry may not have been previously posted online, including social media sites.
- Entries may not contain any personal or business identifying marks or advertisements, nor can these be displayed along with the entry, or in the entry description. Entries cannot have been completed in a class or as part of a class project or assignment.
- Entries must be of a tasteful nature. Entries of a vulgar or sexual nature will be disqualified.
- Entries must be checked in and professionally photographed on Thursday, July 22nd from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm. By participating in this competition, you agree that photos/videos of you and/or your submission may be used by ICES and CAKE EXPO 2021 in promotional materials. You/or your designated model will present your “Art” by carrying it down a runway in the Art on the Runway Show to be held on Friday, July 23, 2020, at 4:30 pm.
- You or your designated model will present your entry by wearing or carrying it down a runway in the Panther City Catwalk to be held on Friday, July 23, 2021 at 4:30 pm.
- All entries will be showcased in the Sugar Art Gallery, after the Runway Show and must adhere to the Sugar Art Gallery Rules and Guidelines (No more that 30” x 30” display area and no taller than 42”).
- ICES and/or Cake Expo will not provide any type of stand or display for your piece. You should provide your own stand/display for exhibiting in the Sugar Art Gallery.
- Tickets for the Panther City Catwalk will be available at $10 each for Cake Expo 2021 Registered Attendees, $20 each for Non-Registered Attendees.
- Each participant will receive one complimentary ticket to attend the Runway Show (One ticket per participant).
- Each eligible entry will receive one chance for the Sugar Art Entrant Drawing. Drawings will be held at the Saturday Night ICES Awards and Presentations.
- Prize baskets will be awarded for First, Second, and Third places. Awards will be announced at the Cake Expo Awards Presentation on Sunday evening.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Entries may be removed from the Sugar Art Gallery on Sunday, July 25th, between 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm. Entries remaining after 6:30 pm will be disposed of.
- While precautions are taken to avoid mishaps, CAKE EXPO 2021 is not responsible for any damages that may occur to entries. “Do not touch” signs will be posted.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Interpretation of theme
- Quality and workmanship
- Overall Appearance
- Wearability and sturdiness during Runway Show.
A total of 10 points for each criterion may be earned for a total of 60 points from the judging panel.
Judges will have a preliminary look at the entries in the pre-show hold area to ensure they view the entry from all sides before it is modeled. Judging will also take place during the Runway Show.
By making registration payment, you agree to the above rules and regulations.